Miyerkules, Hunyo 27, 2012

The Most Famous Golf Hole in the World the 17th Hole at TPC Sawgrass



The 17th Hole at TPC Sawgrass The Most Famous Golf Hole in the World the most recognizable golf hole in the world. The 17th hole at TPC Sawgrass has created a buzz about "island holes"

The 17th had a path that gave you access to the green from the left side of the hole, but as you can see, the path is submerged. The same can almost be said for the green, which looks like it's about to go under as well. With more rain expected in the coming days, you have to wonder if the entire hole is going to disappear ... at least for a short period of time. If you had aspirations of playing TPC Sawgrass' iconic par-3 17th "Island Green" anytime soon, you may want to bring your canoe, because the only way you're getting to the green is by water vessel or swimming. 

Fame within the golf community is important but a golf hole being recognized by non-golfers is something you don't see often. This is not to say a non-golfer would be able to name the course, big tournament that is played there or even the hole number but I believe they would say something along the lines of,It's a hole that people will watch just to see the end result. It's golf (and sports) in its simplest form. One ball, one swing, one landing area. Some people watch just to see the best golfers in the world make a splash. Others, like myself, are watching to see how these guys do with when they face the pressure of one of the biggest stages in golf. It's about 130 yards (give or take) from tee to green, a shot golfers hit millions of times in their career and suddenly, panic sets in.

The 17th At TPC Sawgrass Has Done For Other Golf Courses

The 17th hole at TPC Sawgrass has created a buzz about "island holes". It should be noted that the 17th hole is actually a peninsula but overlooking that fact, it has created one of the best marketing opportunities a golf course can have. The Island Hole.I've been fortunate enough to play several courses with island holes and they are more than happy to let you know they have them. So we can imagine we are standing on the 17th tee at TPC Sawgrass experiencing what the TOUR players do. The ultimate test of your golf skills: hit the green or receive a penalty.

When I look back at the golf courses I have played with island holes, I can't remember what my score was. In most cases, I can't remember any of the other holes. What I do remember is arriving at the tee box and my heart racing. I know at that moment there is nowhere to hide. It's green or water. I stand there knowing it's not the 17th hole at TPC Sawgrass but when the time comes (and it will come) for me to face the most famous hole in golf, I'll be ready.

connect with me on google+ at +lyne cruz

My Google Profile

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento